Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adventures in the Gayborhood

So...I've been contemplating this blog for a while now. You see I live in the uber-fabulous city of Dallas, TX. That's right folks, home of the Cowboys, the Wilson brothers, Neiman Marcus headquarters and Dallas Divas and Daughters (now airing on Style). There is always something going on/going down. Sometimes I wonder, is this really my life?

I thought I would start attempting to explain the chaos by showing the place I spend most of my time. In addition to the ridiculousness I experience on a daily basis, my craziness has reached new heights now that I moved into the building below.
Notice it's near downtown. Also notice the layout from picture two. Remind you of something? Kind of like a modern day Melrose Place. Pool in the middle and drama with the neighbors, with a bit of a twist. Not only is our building super fab but it's located off Cedar Springs aka "The Gayborhood".
Yes, that's right. I live in the gayborhood. Now don't go making assumptions. I am not gay, nor did I move here because of the gays. I happen to live here because we got a great move in deal on rent AND the fact that between three apartments, 8, count em' 8, of my best friends live in the complex as well (And yes, sometimes we refer to it as the sorority house. Don't act like you're not a little jealous). Which makes the adventures even better...




I have many stories to date. I mean this place is DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. Which let's be honest, so is my life. I feed off it, sometimes accidently create it, other times purposefully... So it's actually kind of nice to realize there are some people worse than me, be it the gays or not.

Let's just start with last night:
So the usual, I'm getting home. It's about 1:30 am. I'm walking in and there is a fight going on the front lobby by the elevator. A man and a woman are screaming at each other and pushing each other into the glass, having some kind of relational problem obviously. My friend April and I are watching this, trying to decide what to do. The fight is escalating, she's yelling at him for choking her earlier, he's yelling that it was only to keep some other dude away from her. I'm utterly and totally confused and dialing security. At this point the a big group of gay men walk up. One states, "Oh no, look's like drama." To which another deadpans, "That is a Chris Brown just waiting to happen."

Even in the midst of crisis I had to laugh at that one.


1 comment:

  1. i totally forgot to discuss "Dallas, Divas, & Daughters" with you today! So, yes, I watch it. I began watching it b/c it sounded like something YOU would watch. And, now i know i am correct!!! If only we could sit and watch together...we would tear them up!

    ReplyDelete