Thursday, February 11, 2010

GTL Baby. Gym. Tan. Laundry.

So first a confession...

I live a somewhat ridiculous life. Ok, ok, I live a totally ridiculous life. I understand that by 27 most people are married, have kids, or at least probably own a house (Courtney Shelton).

Not me. Nope. No house. No kids. And after 27 years evidently still no maturity.

One thing my best friends know about me is that I LOVE scenes. And I mean LOVE. If there is a way to create one I will find it. Normally it is at the expense of my nearest and dearest friends (Gina), for which I am acutely aware they are starting to become resentful of. I can't help it though. I blame this all on my father, who is the most fun but also most embarrassing man I know. At a young age I learned that I would have to lose any sense of embarrassment if I were to survive life with him. And from there it just continued.

Which ends up being perfect for the group of friends I now hold. We share a love for TV/ addiction to Grey's, LOST, and GG. Additionally, we all share an unhealthy obsession with the trashy show Jersey Shore. I know, I know. I'm a little ashamed even as I say it, but it's like watching a train wreck, you can't take your eyes away.
SO... the product of these wonderful friends obsession with MTV's newest debacle plus my love for creating scenes equals...

JERSEY SHORE BABY

Ladies, meet Ryan "The Body" Sollum

Here's the story. Two of my dearest friends are sisters whose birthdays just happen to fall within two days of each other. I mean it's fate. Last year we had an 80's prom themed party whose ridiculousness was through the roof, yet remained in the confines of our apartment.
THIS year however, we took the party out to Dallas. The result...


Katie and Elizabeth Garton aka "The Opportunity " and "E Pow"

If you haven't Jersey Shored your name yet you totally should. Mine is "The Incident" which is scarily accurate.
(http://www.unlikelywords.com/2009/12/08/jersey-shore-nickname-generator/ )

Beating the beat. Gotta start low.


Typical. Ryan and all the girls.


I'm not going to lie. We got the DIRTIEST looks from every other girl at the bar when we walked in. You could tell they thought we were T-rash (this is the point I enjoy though, the reaction). However, once they figured out what we were doing everyone in the bar decided to join in on beating the beat and some good fist pumping action. All in all, Best. Birthday. Ever.








1 comment:

  1. love the blog, festa! glad to know about it!

    ReplyDelete