Monday, February 22, 2010

Why Do You HATE Me?

In the words of Meredith Grey, "Seriously? Seriously?"

So it's another night where April and I are hanging around outside at the BEST possible moment. Sometimes I think the universe is just lining these things up for us because we are always in the right place at the right time when it comes to the gayborhood.

So... A little back story. There are these gay brothers. They look like twins but in fact are not. They ALWAYS come in trashed. Every. Single. Weekend. And some week nights.
They ALWAYS have a take out bag of food. Every. Single. Time.
One is usually a little bit less wasty than the other. I'm going to assume he's older brother. They are ALWAYS together. I have yet to see one without the other. The only exception was one freezing cold night in December when younger brother was outside in the 15 degree weather on his phone in a freaking bathrobe. Really?

But I disgress.
April and I are standing outside and see these two fools on the horizon. We literally are already laughing because by now the brothers are like gay royalty to us. There is a guaranteed scene every time they are around.
And like always they come staggering up the steps, plastic bag of take out in hand. They normally are having some kind of brotherly tiff but this time it's an all out fight. Older brother has younger brother by the arm and he is SCREAMING "You're hurting me! You're hurting my arm!" like his is 5 and wiggling all around in attempt to get free. Older brother is rebuking him for making some kind of scene at one of the bars and evidently getting them tossed out into the cold. He's screaming, "You embarrassed me. You always embarrass me!" At this point we let them pass us to click inside, knowing 1) we don't want to be in the elevator with that, and 2) you can still hear everything through the glass doors.

April and I are already giggling while they are waiting for the elevator (which btw is the slowest elevator in the world). And all of a sudden younger brother starts crying.
Yes, crying.
And again starts screaming at older brother, "Why do you hate me? Why do you hate me so much? Whyyyyyyyyy?!"
Full grown man, waving his plastic bag of food in the air, screaming and crying in our lobby before storming out the back door.

And welcome to my ridiculous life.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your stories!!! And only YOU would be as lucky to have a first hand view. Thanks for sharing. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out you have a blog! So funny and so very Festa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FESTA! I love your blog and hope you keep posting so I can read what's going on in Big D after I leave! You should check out our new blog at www.texas2nashville.blogspot.com

    Steph M

    ReplyDelete